Leadership and Management Course Part 1
Learn how to make the transition from buddy to boss and lead a successful team.
Managing staff can be a very rewarding, interesting and fun role, it can also be a tough and demanding job. Between managing your own time and projects, helping your team members solve problems and complete tasks, and helping other managers, your day can fill up before you know it.
This workshop aims to maximise your leadership and management potential and help you to become a more confident, effective and efficient leader and manager with information on understanding personality types, effective communication, setting expectations and goals, assigning work, effective delegation, motivating staff, leadership styles, giving feedback and having courageous conversations, understanding what is required to be a good leader and manager and encouraging teamwork.
The workshop is designed for those who have been promoted recently into a supervisory/management role or for those who have been there for some time but need to improve their leadership and management skills.
- Understand what makes a good leader and manager
- Identify your management and leadership strengths and weaknesses
- Understand how leadership is different to management
- Understand different leadership styles
- Develop a positive leadership attitude
- Understand different personality types in the workplace and how to motivate each type
- Understand the fundamentals of effective communication in a management and leadership role
- Learn how to set goals for yourself and your team
- How to use motivation theories to increase staff performance and productivity
- Learn how to set verbal and written expectations for your team members
- Learn how to delegate effectively
- Learn how to have courageous conversations with your staff and provide effective and appropriate feedback
In house workshops are available throughout NZ and preferred by many businesses as they can be customised to suit the professional development needs of your team and tailored to ensure relevance to your business and your desired training outcomes.
Download this course as a PDF
|Category||Leadership & Management Courses - Business Training NZ|
|Course Enquiry||Enquire About this Course|
|Start Date||Finish Date||Sessions||Location||Price|
|Tue 19/03/2024||Tue 19/03/2024||
Tue 19/03/2024, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
|Napier and Hastings||
|Book now or Enquire|